This was a single platform station. The platform was on the west side of the line and there was a loop on the east side. The goods yard, looped sidings, was on the east side. The signal box was on the west side at the south end of the platform. This opened in 1894, not long after the Forth Bridge route opened.
At the south end the line passed over Kirkliston Viaduct, over the River Almond. Although double track it only carried the south end of the loop.
To the south of the station, and north of the viaduct, sidings took off to the south west to Kirkliston Distillery.
The station closed in 1930 but remained as a goods station. The signal box closed in 1933 and was replaced with a ground frame.
The line closed in 1966.
Nothing remains of the station site itself, it is now housing. The viaduct to the south remains as does the loading bank at the distillery.
Ratho (Low Level)
Edinburgh Airport [Tram]
Ingliston Park and Ride [Tram]
South Queensferry Halt
South Queensferry [1st]
Edinburgh Gateway [Tram]
| Kirkliston Viaduct|
Ingliston Shale Pits No 36 and 37
Ingliston Branch Junction
Humbie Signal Box
Ingliston Shale Pit No 33
Royal Elizabeth Yard
Newliston Shale Mines
Almond Valley Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/09/1930||South Queensferry Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Ratho (Low level) to Kirkliston to Dalmeny Junction closed to passengers.
|07/02/1966||South Queensferry Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Ratho (Low level) to Kirkliston to Royal Elizabeth Yard closed to freight.
Edinburgh To Inverkeithing.: including The Port Edgar, North Queensferry And Rosyth Dockyard Branches. (Scottish Main Lines.)