This shed was located to the south of Muirkirk [1st] station and goods yard. The shed was single ended. It was originally two road, later replaced with a four road shed and finally back to two, by demolition of the northern portion, before closure. Approach was from the west. The shed was owned by the Glasgow and South Western Railway.
| Kaimes Branch Junction|
Muirkirk No 1 Signal Box [GSW]
Muirkirk No 2 Signal Box [GSW]
Muirkirk Iron Works
Muirkirk Tar Works
Muirkirk GSW and CR Junction
Bankend Pit (Limestone)
Auldhouseburn Colliery Signal Box
Kaimes Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/01/1873||Muirkirk Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Caledonian Railway line via Douglas reaches Muirkirk [1st] and is opened to goods and minerals. The Caledonian Railway use the Glasgow and South Western Railway's Muirkirk Shed.