This is a single platform station, the platform being the former southbound platform. The British Railways built station building still stands, no longer in railway use.
It was a two platform station until the line was singled. The main building, a two storey building, was on the southbound platform. There was a small goods yard to the south of the station, on the east side of the line.
The signal box was replaced in 1918 and closed in 1960 when the box at Alexandria took over.
The line was singled in 1973, the northbound line being lifted.
Upper Port Glasgow
| Cordale Works|
Cordale Branch Junction
Ferryfield Print Works
Dalmonach Print Works
Dalreoch North Signal Box
Gas Works (Vale of Leven Gas Co)
Alexandria Works (Printing and dyeing)
Carman Chambered Cairn
Castle Hill [Brucehill]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)