Tillietudlem

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Tillietudlem (1878-1951)

Opened on the Lesmahagow Railway.

Description

This was a two platform station opened just to the north of Southfield Junction. The station served a countryside location with some coal mine and Craignethan Castle.

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map




Dates

01/10/1878Lesmahagow Railway
Tillietudlem station opened.
01/10/1951Lesmahagow Railway
Blackwood (Blackwood Junction) to Tillietudlem (Southfield Junction) closed to passengers.
04/01/1960Lesmahagow Railway
Blackwood Junction (excluded) to Southfield Junction to Dalserf Junction (excluded) closed to freight. Netherburn and Tillietudlem closed to goods.