Valleyfield Colliery (1908-1978)
Served by the Kincardine and Dunfermline Railway (North British Railway).
This colliery was sunk by the Fife Coal Company at a site between Culross [1st] to the west and Torryburn to the east. The mine was on the north side of the line. It was laid out with an exchange yard to the west, accessed from the east from the main line. The mine sidings were to the east of the exchange yard. To the south of the main railway were tip sidings, approached from the west.
There was a signal box (1911) to the south of the exchange yard and main line.
The box closed in 1969. The mine closed in 1978. The railway remains open, an infrequently used single track.
Charlestown Goods Signal Box
Other railway and industry locations
Torry Mine (location and ng unsure)
Comrie Dean Viaduct
Oakley Exchange Yard
Forth Iron Works
Comrie LC [Fife]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Mining from Kirkintilloch to Clackmannan and Stirling to Slamannan
Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire's Lost Railways