Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Station code: BYL National Rail ScotRail
This is a two platform station. It is west of Carnoustie. It has gained some notoriety due to the very low number of passengers using the station annually.
The westbound platform was formerly and island with a building which had canopies on both sides. The disused platform face can still be found. A fine lattice footbridge connects the platforms and still has the portion which crossed the lifted line.
There is an old station building at the west end of the station on the eastbound platform. The building is now a house. There was a siding on the north side of the line, approached from east of the station.
The station served the large Barry Camp military site to the south, a very large training camp particularly associated with the Great War. The site had track mounted targets. The island platform at the station was added for the camp traffic.
There were two signal boxes. The original box, on the north side of the line between the running lines and goods yard, was replaced in 1896. In 1908 a west box opened and the older box became the east box.
The west box, on the west side of the the level crossing (just west of the station) and on the south side of the line, survived into the 1980s. There had been sidings and rail served sheds beyond this to the west.
| Taymouth Engineering Works and Iron Foundry|
Panmure Signal Box
Panmure Works (Jute)
Panbride Signal Box
Dighty Water Viaduct
Broughty Ferry Goods
Broughty Ferry Shed
Carlungie Earth House
Ardestie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/04/1919||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
Barry renamed Barry Links.