This is a two platform station. The station is elevated above street level and has a footbridge.
Until the late 1980s the original Caledonian Railway style buildings survived. The main building was on the westbound platform.
A small goods yard (now the car park) existed to the west, on the south side of the line and approached from the west alongside a branch which served Bellshill Colliery Pit No 3. There was a signal box (1879) west of the station on the north side of the line opposite the point where the goods sidings left the main line. The box was replaced with a ground frame in 1960.
Bothwell Park Halt
Bothwell [North British]
| Milnwood Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2|
Bellshill Colliery Pit No 3
Bellshill South Signal Box
Hattonrig Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4
East Parkhead Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Mossend Iron and Steel Works
Rosehall Colliery Pit No 7
Mossend Steel Works
Mossend West Junction
Douglas Park Signal Box
Orbiston Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Douglas Park Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Rosehall Colliery Pit No 13
Orbiston Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1899||Mossend West to Mossend South Curve (Caledonian Railway)|
Authorisation for the line from Uddingston via Bellshill to Motherwell. This is the short curve from Mossend West Junction (west) to Milnwood Junction (south) at Mossend.
|/11/2011||Uddingston Junction to Fullwood Junction (Caledonian Railway)|
Car park under construction at Bellshill.