This shed was east of Callander (Dreadnought) station. It was located at the older terminus, Callander [1st].
It was a stone built two road shed opened in 1858 by the Dunblane, Doune and Callander Railway. (There was also a shed at Dunblane Junction, Dunblane.) It became a sub shed of Stirling Shed [CR].
The shed was in the east of the terminus yard. It was located on the north side of the original line and approached from the east over the turntable.
With the extension west by the Callander and Oban Railway in 1870 that line now passed round the north side of the shed. Callander and Oban Junction was to the east. The shed and Callander [1st] were now on a short branch.
The shed remained standing for many years after closure. The goods yard remained in use until line closure.
The railway closed in 1965.
Callander Ticket Platform
Port of Menteith
| Callander and Oban Junction|
Pass of Leny South Viaduct
Pass of Leny North Viaduct
St Brides Crossing
Bochastle Roman Fort
Falls of Leny
St Bride's Chapel
Port of Menteith Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1858||Dunblane Doune and Callander Railway|
Stone engine shed with two roads opened at Callander Shed. The 40ft turntable was in the station. Sub-shed of Stirling Shed [CR] (Burghmuir).
|/ /1860||Dunblane Doune and Callander Railway|
The Caledonian Railway installs a 50ft turntable on the entry sidings to Callander Shed.
|/ /1924||Dunblane, Doune and Callander Railway|
Callander Shed closed.
|/ /1974||Dunblane, Doune and Callander Railway|
Callander Shed still stood. The site was cleared for housing.