This was the junction for a goods branch serving Dalquhurn Printworks and Cordale Works. This junction was between Dalreoch (to the south) and Renton (to the north). The goods line ran north following the River Leven, to the east of Renton.
The branch made a trailing connection to the southbound line. There was a trailing crossover and opposite the junction, and on the west side of the line, 'Dalquhurn' signal box.
The branch was later known as Dalquhurn Siding (by 1937).
The signal box closed in 1960 when the branch closed.
Upper Port Glasgow
| Dalquhurn Printworks|
Dalreoch North Signal Box
Leven Viaduct [Dumbarton]
Dalreoch West Signal Box
Leven Engine Works
Castle Hill [Brucehill]
Cunningham Graham Memorial Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1896||Caledonian Railway North British Railway Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway|
The Cordale Branch (Cordale Branch Junction to Cordale Works) of the Dumbarton and Balloch Joint Railway (Caledonian Railway, Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway and North British Railway Joint) is vested into the Caledonian Railway, North British Railway and Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)