Craigie Bridge Junction

Location type

Junction

Name and dates

Craigie Bridge Junction

Opened on the Scottish Central Railway.
Opened on the Dundee and Perth Railway.

Description

This junction was south of Perth General station. The box here was replaced by St Leonards Bridge Junction Signal Box in 1887 during the reconstruction of Perth station.

The railway passes over the Craigie Burn south of Perth station.

This was the northern end of the goods loop, on the west side, from Edinburgh Road Bridge Junction, replaced and extended with the rebuilding. To the north the Dundee and Perth Railway met the Scottish Central Railway, trains reversing here to reach Perth prior to the opening of the Dundee Dock. It was also the junction for the Perth Goods Yard [1st] which was on the east side alongside the Dundee line^s curve.

Tags

Junction signal box

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
07/07/2019



Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways

An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways

Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)