This line is open. This line runs along the north bank of the River Tay through an area of farmed Countryside.
After renting the Dundee and Newtyle Railway and the Dundee and Arbroath Railway the company became the Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway.
|/ /1845||Dundee and Perth Railway|
Act receives Royal assent
|/ /1848||Dundee and Perth RailwayScottish Central Railway|
Dundee and Perth Railway absorbed by Scottish Central Railway.
|/10/1865||Dundee and Perth Railway|
Ninewells junction open/closed. (CHECK)
|11/06/1956||Dundee and Perth Railway|
Magdelan Green closed
|/ /1960||Dundee and Perth Railway|
Dundee West demolished to make way for the approach road to the Tay Road Bridge.
|03/05/1965||Dundee and Perth Railway|
Dundee West to Buckingham West Junction closed to passengers.
These locations are along the line.
This was the junction between the Dundee and Perth Railway's approach to Dundee West and a short spur from the Tay Bridge and Associated Lines (North British Railway)'s Dundee Central Junction. The connection allowed trains from the Perth direction to enter Tay Bridge [Station] (now Dundee) from the west.
This was a two platform station with the main station building on the eastbound platform. There was no goods yard. The line remains open.
This is a two platform station. The single storey main station building at the east end of the eastbound platform no longer exists.
This was a two platform station with the main station building on the eastbound platform and waiting rooms on each platform. Longforgan itself is a mile to the north.
This level crossing is west of the former station, signal box and level crossing at Longforgan. ...More details
This was a two platform station. The station building, on the eastbound platform, still stands in use as a house. The building is of a style typical of the line such as that at Errol.
This was a two platform station which closed in 1985 and remains largely intact. The platforms remain. The main station building is on the eastbound platform, marked 1847. A waiting shelter remains on the westbound. The lattice footbridge also remains, with the timber footway removed for safety.
This goods station was on the south side of the line and served from the west. A siding running south served the Errol Brick and Tile Works.
This was a two platform station. There was a single storey station building and a goods yard at the east end, north side of the line.
This was a short lived terminus of the line from Dundee West. After closure carriage sidings were retained here, approached from the east and south of the line.
A metal girder single track viaduct which, in 1864, replaced an earlier double track timber viaduct which had 25 arches and an iron swing bridge.
This was a two platform station at the west end of the Tay Viaduct and a short distance east of Perth station.
This is a superb major station with a tudor styled building by William Tite and large glazed trainshed situated on the western edge of the Perth town centre. To the south lines from Glasgow Queen Street High Level and Edinburgh Waverley meet at Hilton Junction and in the station lines north to Inverness and north east to Dundee and Aberdeen divide. Today it is an eight ...More details
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways