This junction is north of the former Eglinton Street station and south of Bridge Street Junction on the southern approach to Glasgow Central from the Cathcart Circle, Kilmarnock and East Kilbride lines and West Coast Main Line.
The lines south to [[Pollokshields East Junction] are double track. Those to Gushetfaulds Junction were double track when built. The signal box was on the east side of the junction.
The Gushetfaulds Junction lines were quadrupled in 1908. A new pair of lines were added on the east side of the existing lines. For this a new signal box was built at the north end of the main line island platform of the rebuilt Eglinton Street station.
The box closed in 1961, replaced by Glasgow Central Power Box. Eglinton Street station closed in 1965.
The lines remain open today.
South Side [GB and NDR]
South Side [CR]
West Street [Subway]
Main Street Gorbals
Bridge Street [Subway]
Shields Road [Subway]
Shields Road [CGU]
Shields Road [GPJ]
| Port Eglinton Goods|
Port Eglinton Junction
Salkeld Street Parcels Depot
Port Eglinton Basin
Eglinton Street Shed
West Street Goods
Glasgow Central Power Box
Cook Street Shed
Cook Street Goods
Tradeston Gasworks No 3
West Street Junction [CR]
Bridge Street Junction [South]
West Street Junction [GSWR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/07/1879||Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway)|
Gordon Street lines opened - Central Station Junction (just north west of Gushetfaulds Junction) to Eglinton Street Junction to Bridge Street Junction opened. Strathbungo Junction to Eglinton Street Junction opened.
|07/07/1890||Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway)|
Quadrupling of line from Bridge Street to Eglinton Street Junction.
|/ /1899||Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway)|
Authorisation to quadruple line from Eglinton Street Junction through Eglinton Street to Central Station Junction.
|28/02/1909||Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway)|
Line quadrupled from Eglinton Street Junction through Eglinton Street to Central Station Junction. Enlarged Eglinton Street station opened.