This was a two platform station with a passing loop.
The station was opened on the Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway extension of the Blane Valley Railway from Killearn [1st] to Aberfoyle. This new station was closer to the existing Killearn station and was named Killearn (New) to distinguish it from the older station. Neither station suited Killearn ideally, both were at the foot of a hill from the town.
The former line is now part of the West Highland Way. Little of the station has survived as the pipeline of the Loch Lomond Water Supply Scheme used the trackbed in 1971.
There was a small goods yard on the west side, approached from the north, two timber platforms and small timber station buildings.
The cast iron roadbridge over the line at the south end of the station has been removed in recent years.
The next station north was Balfron on the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway (reached by Gartness Junction with that line). To the south the next station was Dumgoyne.
West Highland Way
| Blackburn Siding|
Drumquharn Tile Works
Dumgoyach Standing Stones
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1882||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway|
Line opened for passengers and freight from Dumgoyne to Gartness Junction and Buchlyvie Junction to Aberfoyle. Stations at Killearn, Gartmore and Aberfoyle.
|29/09/1951||Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway
Forth and Clyde Junction Railway
Blane Valley Railway
Campsie Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Aberfoyle to Kirkintilloch [2nd] (excluded) closed to passengers. Passenger stations closed at Aberfoyle, Gartmore, Buchlyvie, Balfron, Killearn, Dumgoyne, Blanefield, Strathblane, Campsie Glen, Lennoxtown [2nd], Milton of Campsie closed.