This was a large print works opened by Watson, Arthur and Co on the east bank of the River Leven at Jamestown, just south of Balloch. (Also known as Levenbank Dye Works.) The print works was served by sidings from the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway in the extreme south of the site. Approach to these sidings, on the north side of the line, was from the west, over the Jamestown Viaduct [Balloch]. Jamestown station was just to the east over Main Street.
The works, bought by Archibald Orr Ewing & Co in 1845, became one of the United Turkey Red Dye Company sites.
The works closed around 1939 and the site is now housing.
| Jamestown Viaduct [Balloch]|
Milton Works (Dyeing) [Riverside]
Milton Works (Dyeing)
Forth and Clyde Junction [Balloch]
Croftengea Signal Box
Alexandria Works (Printing and dyeing)
Gas Works (Vale of Leven Gas Co)
Dalmonach Print Works
Loch Lomond Factory (Silk Dyeing)
Ferryfield Print Works
Vale of Leven Hospital
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)