This was a two platform station, crossed by a road bridge, diverted from its original course and subsequently routed back to its original course.
Small station buildings were on the short sections of platform to the west of the overbridge.
The original station had no loop and only the westbound platform - the road bridge was probably built around the time the passing loop was installed. Two signal boxes opened in 1877, presumably with the loop, numbered Lochmaben 1 and 2. One was on the platform and the other at the south end, east side, by the goods yard turn out.
The goods yard, on the south side of the line, was approached by reversal from the westbound line.
The two signal boxes were replaced by one at the west end.
The box closed in 1935, replaced with a ground frame.
Closure to passengers was in 1952. Complete closure was in 1966.
The bridge over the station was removed and road altered to its original course. Housing now covers the west end of the station but the east end and goods yard have not yet been built over.
| Corncockle Quarry|
Water of Milk Viaduct
Heathhall Rubber Works
Heathhall Farm Bridge
Warrenhill Level Crossing
Dancing Knowe Level Crossing
Wath Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|19/06/1882||Dumfries, Lochmaben and Lockerbie Railway|
Authorisation to shut up level crossing at Lochmaben, to be replaced by a bridge.