This siding was on the south side of the line, accessed from the west. By reversal a line south west to the site former Omoa Iron Works and on to Ravenshall Colliery Pits Nos 35 and 40 and Omoa Junction.
The signal box was on the north side of the line, opposite the turn out of the sidings.
The site was crossed by one of the Omoa Iron Works lines (North Shaws Colliery Line (Omoa Iron Works)). With the opening of the Cleland and Midcalder Line (Caledonian Railway) this line was severed and the portion of it to the south west connected to via the Omoa Siding by reversal.
The Omoa Iron Works closed in 1868, just before the newer line opened. At some stage the signal box was renamed for the works, despite the closure. The change of name was probably at a very early date.
By 1910 the siding remained, the line to the south west had been lifted. The box closed and sidings were lifted in 1932.
Bellside Junction was just to the east. To the west is Carfin Cutting and beyond that the former Cleland Junction and Carfin station.
| Knownoblehill Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2|
Omoa Iron Works
Coal and Ironstone Pit
Spindleside Colliery Pits Nos 6 and 7
Greenhill Colliery Biggarford Pit
Townhead Colliery Pit No 43
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian