This was an island platform station. There was a goods yard on the west side approached by a reversing spur at the north end of the station. The signal box was north of the station building on the island platform. Access to the platform was by steps down to the platform from the road bridge at south end.
The station closed to passengers in 1939 and the signal box closed in 1940. The line west to Darvel completely closed in 1939, however to the east it remained open for goods until 1951, but mostly this was to be used to store redundant wagons.
The road bridge survives as do some platform portions.
Ryeland never developed into a town and has remained a rural location.
Meikle Earnock Halt
| Ryeland Goods|
County Boundary Junction
Pomillion Viaduct [South]
Pomillion Viaduct [North]
Strathaven Viaduct [North]
Glen Water Viaduct
End of Darvel Branch
Darvel Goods [East]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1905||Strathaven and Darvel Railway|
Darvel to Strathaven Central opened (joint operation of the Glasgow and South Western Railway and Caledonian Railway). Opened to passengers. Drumclog, Loudonhill and Ryeland opened.