This was an island platform station opened in an area of farmland. Access to the platform was by a ramp bridge at the north east end of the station. The station building was typical of the line and had canopies on all sides. There was a signal box, opened in 1904, north of the station building on the island platform.
There was a goods yard on the north west side of the line, approached by a reversing spur south of the station.
The signal box was closed early on in 1909. The station remained open to passengers until 1939. The route west to Darvel closed completely. Drumclog remained open for goods until 1951.
The station site is largely cleared, platform mounds remain. Part of the approach ramp remains. Drumclog remains a rural location.
| County Boundary Junction|
Glen Water Viaduct
End of Darvel Branch
Darvel Goods [East]
Pomillion Viaduct [South]
Pomillion Viaduct [North]
Strathaven Viaduct [North]
End of Galston Branch
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1899||Strathaven and Darvel Railway|
Glengavel Railway, from Drumclog station to Glengavel Reservoir, authorised for Lanarkshire Middle Ward District Water.
|01/05/1905||Strathaven and Darvel Railway|
Darvel to Strathaven Central opened (joint operation of the Glasgow and South Western Railway and Caledonian Railway). Opened to passengers. Drumclog, Loudonhill and Ryeland opened.