This signal box was west of Paisley Gilmour Street on the Ayr line. The box was on the north side of the line controlling loops to the east, on the north side of the line, and sidings (a coal depot Paisley Mineral Depot [GSW]) to the south, approached from west.
The box closed in 1910 when it was taken over by Stoneybrae Twin Signal Box (opened 1888 when the line to Glasgow was being quadrupled) which was just to the east, at the west end of Paisley Gilmour Street station.
The main line remains open as a double track electrified railway.
Paisley St James
Paisley Gilmour Street
Paisley Hamilton Street
Paisley Canal [1st]
| Underwood Viaduct|
Underwood Coal Depot
King Street Signal Box
Paisley Gas Works
Paisley Mineral Depot [GSW]
Paisley St James Shed
Stoneybrae Twin Signal Box
Paisley Western Coal Depot [2nd]
Paisley Western Coal Depot [1st]
St James Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|