This was a single platform station with the passenger station to the west of a level crossing and goods yard to the east. It was east of Avon Viaduct [Westfield].
The timber platform was on the south side of the line with a timber station building.
The goods yard was approached from the west, over the level crossing. Sidings were on the north side of the line and a signal box was on the south, by the crossing. (Probably a gate box as the Westfield Loop box was nearby]].) Signals for the level crossing were removed in 1942.
Strathavon Cottage, to the south of the station, still stands. A railway cottage survives to the north, extended. The trackbed is still intact, partly landscaped, but nothing remains of the station.
To the east was the Westfield Paper Mill and the Westfield Loop.
The railway closed in 1964.
Causewayend [MR] [1st]
Causewayend [MR] [2nd]
Manuel High Level
| Eastrigg Colliery Pit No 2|
Avon Viaduct [Westfield]
Westfield Paper Mill
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 3
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 2
Craigrigg Colliery Pit No 1
Blackstone Colliery Pit No 1
Eastrigg Colliery Pit No 1
Craigrigg Brick Works
Craigrigg Colliery Pit No 2
Craigrigg Colliery Pit No 3
Blackston Junction Yard
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/06/1864||Torbanehill and Bathgate Branch (Monkland Railways)|
|01/05/1930||Torbanehill and Bathgate Branch (Monkland Railways)|
Blackston Junction to Bathgate Upper closed to passengers. Westfield and Bathgate Lower stations closed.