This was a two platform station with the main station building on the northbound platform.
There was a goods yard on the west side, approached from the south.
The station had a loop, much longer than the platforms. North and south boxes opened in 1890. The north box was at the north end of the northbound platform. The south box was on the west side of the goods yard, close to its south end. The north box was downgraded in 1902, the signals controlled from the south box.
The station closed to passengers in 1965 and the boxes and loop closed.
The line closed in 1979.
The former station building is now a house. There are a number of railway cottages. The trackbed is a footpath.
Arnage Castle is just over half a mile to the north east of the former station.
Abbey of Deer Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
| Ythan Viaduct|
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|