This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The stone station building, on the northbound platform, remains in use as a house. The southbound platform had a timber building.
There was a goods yard on the west side of the line, approached by the north end of the northbound line.
The station had two signal boxes, North and South, both opened in 1890. A small box at the north end to control the north end of the loop and a larger box at the south end to control the south end of the loop and access to the goods yard. The north end signals were taken over by the south box in 1902.
The station closed to passengers in 1965. The signal boxes and loop closed in 1966. The line itself remained open for freight until closed in 1979.
The platforms and stone station building remain.
The former station is known colloquially as ^The Gatt^.
Abbey of Deer Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
| Ythan Viaduct|
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|