This is a minimal two platform station. It is approached by stairs from a bridge carrying Bogston Road at the east end.
The station is east of the former Ladyburn Junction, junction for the James Watt Dock and Greenock Ladyburn Shed, and is west of Wemyss Bay Junction.
At the east end of the station were sidings on the north side of the line controlled from Bogston signal box. (The box also controlled both the Gourock and Wemyss Bay routes as they approached Wemyss Bay Junction.) These sidings ran west to directly north of the platforms. There was a connection north to the Inch Works. A second set of sidings, approaching Bogston Goods, approached from the west, from Ladyburn Junction yard. These sidings were directly to the north of the former set.
The Bogston box was replaced in 1903 and the two sets of sidings were joined, forming a goods bypass loop to the north of the passenger station.
Bogston box closed in 1936 and the connection to the sidings was taken out, however these sidings remained served from the west from Ladybank Junction yard. These goods lines and Bogston Goods are now closed and lifted.
Greenock Cathcart Street [1st]
Upper Port Glasgow
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
| Bogston Goods|
Inchgreen Gas Works
Greenock Ladyburn Shed
Scott Lithgow Shipbuilders
Wemyss Bay Junction
Devol Glen Viaduct
Lower Port Glasgow Siding
Devol Glen Quarry
James Watt Dock
Inchgreen Graving Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)