Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.
This short lived exchange platform station 1850-1859 was south of Dalry station and immediately south of the Dalry Junction itself. To the north of the junction the line continued as a double track to Dalry. The station was built in the ^V^ of the junction with the routes to Ayr and Kilmarnock continuing as double track railways.
The station opened in 1850 when the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway opened, connecting Glasgow to Carlisle via Dalry, Kilmarnock and Dumfries. In the same year that company merged with the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway to become the Glasgow and South Western Railway.
Interestingly there was a turntable on the east side, approached from the Kilmarnock route from the south (for location see Dalry Junction Turntable). There was a Gas House, Tank House and Fountain (water column?).
To the south the Bombo Cottages, railway cottages, were in the ^V^ of the junction.
To the north of the junction was a trailing crossover and an ironstone mine on the west side, approached from the south possibly from the southbound line.
The station closed in 1959.
See Dalry Junction for subsequent details for this site.
| Dalry Junction Turntable|
Douglas Firebrick Works
Blair Colliery No 1
Blair Colliery No 7 Pit
Merksworth Branch Junction
Blair Coal Siding
Blair Iron Siding
Stoopshill Pit Coal and Limestone
Blair Iron Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|