This was the 3rd factory of Arrol-Johnston, replacing the works based in the Underwood Weaving Mills. The factory was built from new using ferro-concrete.
After 1927 it became the works of the North British Rubber Co.
The works was served by sidings from the south east which led off the Dumfries, Lochmaben and Lockerbie Railway about half way between Dumfries and Locharbriggs.
| Heathhall Farm Bridge|
Cairn Valley Junction
Dumfries Goods Junction
Maxwelltown Goods Junction
Dumfries St Mary^s Shed [CR]
Maxwelltown Creamery Siding
Dumfries Goods [CR]
Guillyhill Level Crossing
Lincluden Collegiate Church
Station Hotel Dumfries
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1913||Arrol-Johnston Ltd, Underwood Weaving Mills, Paisley|
Car production moves to the new purpose built Heathhall Works, north of Dumfries.