Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Deviations (Scottish Central Railway).
This was a single platform station, on the north side of the line. It was on the western edge of Lochee, beside Victoria Cottage, near a series of quarries such as Charleston Quarry, just to the west.
The platform was in timber, as was the station building. The building survived closure of the station to passengers and remained up to line closure.
There was a goods yard, with a shed, to the north of the station which was served from the west.
The station was on the deviation opened in 1861 to replace the Law Incline and Law Tunnel approach to Dundee Ward Road. The deviation joined the Dundee and Perth Railway at Ninewells Junction and trains ran on to Dundee West.
The station site is now housing, Overton Gardens and housing bordering Elmwood Road. To the east the trackbed is a footpath.
Ninewells Junction [Station]
Offset at Back of Law
Baldovan and Downfield
Dundee Ward Road
Dundee Trades Lane
| Charleston Quarry|
Camperdown Jute and Hemp Works
Esplanade Junction Signal Box
Easter Mylnefield Quarry
Dundee West Shed
Dundee Ward Road Shed
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|