Opened on the Brechin and Edzell District Railway.
This is a closed station, the name of which changed a number of times. The station was at Inchbare (to the immediate east) some way (1.5 miles) west of Stracathro. Dunlappie is 2 miles to the north west. Stracathro is the biggest settlement.
The station had a single platform, on the east side of the line. There was a loop and several sidings in the goods yard on the east side, approached from the south. To the north was a level crossing. There was a signal box and a gate box, both opened with the line. The signal box was on the west side half way along the loop. The gate box was by the crossing to the north.
A railway house was by the level crossing. The station buildings were to the south.
The loop was taken out before closure in 1921, with the loop line (on the west side) being turned into a siding approached from the south. The gate box remained open.
Much of the station site is now a garden. A number of houses occupy its site. The house by the level crossing still stands. This building is similar to others on the line.
Brechin Shed [1st]
[Brechin West Junction]
Bridge of Dun
North Water Bridge Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Brechin North Junction
Brechin Shed [2nd]
Brechin East Junction
Lindsay Burial Aisle
Edzell Castle and Garden
Brown Caterthun Hill Fort
Maison Dieu Chapel Brechin
White Caterthun Hill Fort
House of Dun
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Brechin 1901: Forfarshire Sheet 28.13 (Old O.S. Maps of Forfarshire)
OS Explorer Map (389) Forfar, Brechin and Edzell (OS Explorer Paper Map) (OS Explorer Active Map)
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|