This junction between the 1846 North British Railway and the Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway opened in 1898. The signal box opened a year earlier. It was on the north side of the junction. The branch was single track, main line double.
The branch to Gullane closed to passengers in 1932 and completely in 1964. The junction box was removed not long afterwards in late 1965.
The formation can still be more or less seen in winter. The branch ran alongside, the north side, of the main line. A footbridge to the east, which crossed both lines, was removed for electrification. The bridge over the main line predated the opening of the branch.
Seton Mains Halt
| Coatyburn Siding|
Longniddry Manure Siding
St Germains Level Crossing
Chesters Hill Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|12/09/1932||Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway|
Gullane to Longniddry (Aberlady Junction) closed to passengers. Aberlady and Gullane closed.
|15/06/1964||Aberlady, Gullane and North Berwick Railway|
Gullane to Longniddry (Aberlady Junction) closed to freight. Line closed.
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)