This was a single platform station on the single track line. Station buildings were modest, a small timber shelter with single sloping roof supplemented by a grounded wagon body.
There was a goods siding to the south of the platform, served from the west. There was a signal box on the north side of the line alongside the level crossing at the east end.
Just north east of the station the line crossed the Gallangad Burn. Gallangad Siding was little beyond this.
The station cottage survives and some portions of railway fencing but largely the station has disappeared, partly redeveloped for housing.
The station was originally named for a parish and big house some way to the north which was somewhat distant. The station was renamed for a nearer estate, north of the station.
| Gallangad Siding|
Levenbank Print Works
Milton Works (Dyeing)
Jamestown Viaduct [Balloch]
Milton Works (Dyeing) [Riverside]
Mavie Mill Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/01/1877||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Kilmaronock renamed Caldarvan.
|01/10/1934||Forth and Clyde Junction Railway|
Closed to passengers from Balloch (Forth and Clyde Junction [Balloch]) to Gartness Junction and from Buchlyvie Junction to Stirling. The Gartness Junction to Buchlyvie Junction section was used by trains to Aberfoyle and Balfron and Buchlyvie stations remained open. Jamestown, Caldarvan, Drymen, Gartness, Port of Menteith, Kippen and Gargunnock closed to passengers.
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)