This two platform station never opened to regular traffic. It was located between Ferry Road Junction to the north and Ferry Road itself to the south. Two brick built platforms were in a cutting on either side of the double track line.
Ferry Road Junction probably never opened, but may have been laid in. There was no signal box. The line continued west to Newhaven Junction. The unused fork to Leith High Depot Junction went north.
To the south, beyond Ferry Road, a siding on the west side served Chancelot Mill [1st] from the north. The siding was on the east side of the mill and finished with a series of turnplates. Beyond this was the turn out for Bonnington (Rosebank) Goods.
The line was singled in 1917. The eastbound line was lifted. It closed completely in 1966.
The trackbed is now a footpath. The Ferry Road bridge over the former line remains intact. Nothing remains of the platforms.
Newhaven [Leith New Lines]
Leith Walk [CR]
| Ferry Road Junction|
Bonnington Viaduct [CR]
Chancelot Mills [1st]
Bonnington East Junction
Bonnington North Junction
Newhaven Goods and Minerals
Bonnington North Viaduct
Bonnington Bridge Paper Works
Graham Street Junction
Bonnington (Rosebank) Goods
Bonnington South Viaduct
Leith High Depot Junction
Weldun Boiler Works
Bonnington Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1902||Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway)|
Double track line opened to goods from Newhaven Junction to Seafield Junction [CR] and South Leith [CR]. (Two-platform passenger stations at Newhaven [Leith New Lines], Ferry Road and Leith Walk [CR] built but not opened). Branch to Chancelot Mills [1st] opened.