This was a one platform station on a single track line. The platform was on the north side of the line to the east of a road overbridge.
To the west were the considerable sidings around Moss Lye Siding. To the east the Longriggend Railway (North British Railway) passed over the line serving the Longriggend and Longrigg Colliery.
Clarkston (Wester Moffat)
Commonhead (Airdrie North)
Airdrie Hallcraig Street
| Longriggend Colliery Pit No 1|
Longriggend Colliery Pit No 5
Moss Lye Siding
Arden Colliery Pits Nos 8 and 10
Roughrigg Colliery Pit No 2
Avonhead Coal Pit No 8
Colville and Gray Siding
Roughrigg Colliery Pit No 5
Longriggend Colliery Pit No 10
Longrigg Colliery Pit No 7
Patent Fuel Works
Longrigg Colliery Pit No 6
Avonhead Colliery Pit No 1
Roughrigg Colliery Pit No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1862||Slamannan Railway|
Longriggend, Blackston Junction opened. Arbuckle closed.
|01/05/1930||Monkland and Kirkintilloch RailwayBallochney Railway
Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Coatbridge (Greenside Junction) (excluded) to Manuel Low Level (excluded) closed to passengers. Commonhead, Rawyards, Airdrie Hallcraig Street, Whiterigg stations on the Ballochney Railway closed. Longriggend, Slamannan, Avonbridge, Blackston Junction, Bowhouse, Causewayend [MR] [2nd] closed.
Vanished Railways of West Lothian