This was a terminus to the north of Airdrie on a short branch from the Ballochney Railway. It was the first proper station to serve Airdrie and had a fine building.
Following closure it became a goods station only, Airdrie North Goods which closed in 1964.
The branch serving the station started from Commondyke station. It also served a number of collieries, and iron works and gas works. There was a short tunnel under Chapel Street. The station was approached from the north.
Nothing remains of the station today.
Commonhead (Airdrie North)
Clarkston (West Moffat)
| Iron Works|
Airdrie Gas Works
Airdrie Shed [CR]
Victoria Engine Works
Chapelside Boiler Works
Coal and Ironstone Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|26/12/1844||Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway|
Service between new Kirkintilloch station and Airdrie Hallcraig Street commences.
Airdrie Hallcraig Street station opened (later known as Airdrie North Goods).
|01/05/1930||Monkland and Kirkintilloch RailwayBallochney Railway
Slamannan and Borrowstounness Railway|
Coatbridge (Greenside Junction) (excluded) to Manuel Low Level (excluded) closed to passengers. Commonhead, Rawyards, Airdrie Hallcraig Street, Whiterigg stations on the Ballochney Railway closed. Longriggend, Slamannan, Avonbridge, Blackston Junction, Bowhouse, Causewayend [MR] [2nd] closed.
Closed between Kipps Junction, Kipps Junction Incline Foot, Commonhead and Airdrie Hallcraig Street (then named Airdrie North Goods).