Opened on the Ballochney Railway.
This was a single platform station located to the immediate east of a junction, level crossing and the Ballochney Incline. It was on the Ballochney Railway at the point of division between the lines to Clarkston (West Moffat) and Ballochney Colliery.
The platform was on the north side of the Ballochney route line. There were simple timber buildings and a signal box, 'Rawyards West' (1888), on the south side of the junction, opposite the platform. The Clarkston (West Moffat) line did not serve the platform.
Beyond the station, on the Ballochney route, was a yard and Rawyards Wagon Works (owned by Pickering), both on the north side. These were approached from the north east. Access was controlled by 'Rawyards East' box (1888).
The station and line closed to passengers in 1930. The yard and works were out of use by the 1930s. The east box closed in 1945. The west box, by the level crossing, closed in 1958 when the line closed.
Nothing remains of the station, now the site of Northbrae Avenue and houses on its north side.
Commonhead (Airdrie North)
Airdrie Hallcraig Street
Clarkston (West Moffat)
Other railway and industry locations
Coal and Ironstone Pit
Rawyards Wagon Works
Boots Airdrie Factory
Drumbathie Brick Works
Thrushbush Incline Engine
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|