This was a single platform station. The platform was on the west side of a single track line. The station was to the east of Strathaven [Flemington] station which it replaced. The station was located in a cutting.
The station had no goods yard, it did not need one as the former terminus became the goods yard.
To the south the line continued across two viaducts to Strathaven Central. To the north the line ran to Whiteshawgate Junction.
The cutting has been infilled and the site is incorporated into gardens.
Meikle Earnock Halt
| Strathaven Shed|
Strathaven Viaduct [North]
Strathaven Viaduct [West]
Strathaven Viaduct [East]
Cot Castle Goods
Stonehouse South Junction
Stonehouse West Junction
Stonehouse East Junction
Cot Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1905||Hamilton and Strathaven Railway|
Strathaven [1st] closed (becomes Flemington goods station) on opening of extension from Whiteshawgate Junction to Strathaven Central. Stations opened at Strathaven North and Strathaven Central.