Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow Central Station (Caledonian Railway).
The original Glasgow Central viaduct over the River Clyde was manufactured at the Dalmarnock Iron Works of William Arrol and Company between 1875 and 1879. It was a four track viaduct of five spans 50ft wide.
With completion of much of the station enlargement to the west in the early 1900s the height of the approach from the older bridge was adjusted to match.
The viaduct was removed in 1961, the station being slightly altered at its south end to accommodate the removal and diversion of lines on to the newer Clyde Viaduct [Glasgow Central] immediately to the west.
The braced piers remain standing today.
Central Station Broomielaw Hoist
St Enoch [Subway]
Glasgow St Enoch
Glasgow Central Low Level
Bridge Street [Subway]
West Street [Subway]
Buchanan Street [Subway]
Main Street Gorbals
| Clyde Viaduct [Glasgow Central]|
Clyde Place Signal Box
Clyde Place Quay
Bridge Street Junction
Bridge Street Junction [South]
Cook Street Shed
Glasgow Central Power Box
Cook Street Goods
St Enoch Shopping Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|